Video game company 2K is in full promotional gear ahead of WWE 2K18‘s release. We know about the John Cena special edition, and 47 of the Superstars you’ll be able to play as after the game’s release on October 17th. Early Friday, 2K announced that the in-game soundtrack was executive produced by none other than former WWE World Champion Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.
Johnson helped curate the following playlist, available for streaming here:
- Blues Brothers – Soul Man
- Boston – Smokin’
- Bruno Mars – Runaway Baby
- Disturbed – Down With The Sickness
- Eazy-E – Boyz-N-The-Hood
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers – One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
- Joe Walsh – Rocky Mountain Way
- Kanye West – Black Skinhead
- Kid Rock – You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me
- ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – Last One Standing
- Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – Straight Out The Gate
Senior Vice President and General Manager WWE Music Group Neil Lawi said it was an inspirational experience working with Johnson, and they’re thrilled he could “bring his diverse selection to our fans around the world.” ‘Diverse’ is definitely a word you could use.
WWE 2K18 carries a T rating, so it’s interesting to see someone with lyrics like Eazy-E (rated E for Eazy, obviously) alongside uninspired choices like Boston and Disturbed. You know, unless there’s a downloadable content pack that makes any WWE Superstar make the noise from Down With The Sickness at will.